17 May 2010

Yassou!

The beeping of my dying cellphone has finally left my room. It's strange, the silence that has fallen now. Whereas before, while I was setting up my profile and such, the noises drifting around my head were measured by the once every other minute bleat of Dad's old silver Motorola. The cars on the highway, the overhead fan, and the various chat program blips have no law about them now. I think that I liked it better when my thoughts were interrupted, and forced into segments.

I quit much of social networking two calendar days ago at the early Monday time of this posting. I don't miss it. I'm determined now more than ever to change my life for the better, and Saturday it was kicked off with the Greeks' "yassou!"

Greek pastries are delightful, how they sort of fall into your mouth. Gyros are kind of wieldy with or without their foil, like the little kids that I got to play with, brothers of a friend. They were nice little chaps, but I wouldn't trust them with the cleanliness of my shirt. I suppose getting onion all over myself was my fault, but that's that. Friends, movies, a decidedly good day.

Today, well, yesterday now, I rode my bike to a friend's. The gears worry me a bit. I don't like how they make sounds when I shift, but that's that. It was beautiful, and I imagine that I'm in that one old Disney cartoon, the one where a character is walking down a path whistling, and everything around him dances and has a smile. I can't for the life of me remember which character was in it, though I could whistle you the tune. I have spent the better part of an hour looking to no avail. There's a new pizza place on 3rd Street in New Cumberland, in that retail spot where pizza places go to die. I suggest stopping in before it goes too. Delicious and cheap.

I'm going to wake up early today, and go to a temp agency as a part of this whole renovation project on myself. It worries me, but a lot of things worry me - money, women etc. Let us hope for something better, some change, something new.

Regards,
Caleb

P.S. edetic - Marked by or involving extraordinarily accurate and exacting recall especially of visual images.



DSC04603

No comments:

Post a Comment