23 May 2010

WASP

Drowned a wasp yesterday. I'm not really sure why. I'll say that it was because it scared me, and I didn't know how to get it out of the house without making it angry. I got it to the ground with some lysol, caught it in a cup, and covered the top with a paper towel. The sad part is that the poor thing probably just wanted to be free, and I couldn't let it, based on my own belief that the sting would hurt me more than it. Looking back, I remember that once a wasp stings, it dies. If I had just let it get me, then it wouldn't have been slow. I watched it struggle in the water, too afraid of paying it a disservice in its last minutes. I will remember you. I am sorry that I couldn't suffer you.

Went laser tagging. My heart is still pounding, and my legs still hurt. My legs are on fire. It rained all the way there and back. So it goes. Went to the pizza place again. I think that I need a break.

Pained Regards,
Caleb

P.S. phlegmatic - self-posessed, calm


A general note: after doing this for a few days, (this is post seven, it would seem), I've decided to change the way things are done a bit. I figure that for my own ease, and for consistency's sake, I'll post the day after, and will begin to use the past tense. It is, after all, stronger. Also, I won't be flopping down on my bed at midnight, pulling Elizabeth (my laptop) in front of me, cracking my fingers, and pounding away until goodness knows when.

1 comment:

  1. The way I learned it it's honey bees that sting and die. Wasps sting again and again. Nasty creatures with limited redeeming value. And don't worry, M. Nature will make more.

    ReplyDelete